Monday, June 24, 2013

Some things I drew.

I felt like putting together a post of a week's worth of doodles because why not, right?






This last one is the first sketch I've done for a story setting I came up with.

It's a massive hotel/apartment complex built next to a massive highway. The highway stretches from horizon to horizon in length and width and there is an endless stream of cars at all times of day. The complex is to house the toll booth attendants when they are off duty. Shifts in the toll booth last for weeks because some people have to go miles away to get to their spots on the highway. The building has been built up bigger and bigger over many decades as the toll people have children and travelers move in permanently. I'm imagining the scale of the bathhouse in Spirited away and the junkiness of Tekkonkinkreet. I've found a lot of small stories in this building and a couple very big ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment