Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Painting

I've been painting more lately. I've been studying painters and pushing myself to
learn to paint looser and not get wrapped up in insignificant details. The more I paint, the more I love painting. I've started to see that painting is such a great outlet for your own personal creativity. There are so many ways to mix paint, choose colors, and apply the brushstrokes that everyone paints differently. Finding exactly how I paint is shaping up to be quite an enjoyable journey.
The shadow side of this tree looks much better than the light side I think.




These are paintings from the figure drawing marathon that I just finished. The fist two are hour long studies and the second one was about three hours. I had never painted a figure before, and I really enjoyed it.
This is a painting of Gregory Manchess, one of the painters I've been studying lately. His loose brushwork and talent for describing form are things I strive for in my own paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment